White Balloon

Daily Journal of Mahaan, an Iranian-American student residing in USA.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

From Dublin to Boston

From Dublin to Boston is about 5 hours flight. For me it was a long way. Exactly a year after our reunion in Dublin, we met up in Boston. A very different life, expectations and understanding. Probably one of the best quality times that we spent with each other. Once all bets are off the table, then you go for quality and hapiness. We walked for 12 hours without really feeling it. We dined, drank quality wines, capucinio, ate chocolate and fruites. In all corners of Boston! Never like husbands and wives, but like close friends. And how beautiful was this one.

It is now decided that each one of us is going for his/her own emotional adventure. It's our restless nature which rejects monotonous stability and seeks new challenges in all aspects of life. The fears have been and will continue to be there. But the sweetness of new discoveries and learned lessons is also going to be there.

I have been slow and in many month totally still. Many moments have been wasited, but many lessons are also learned. But it's time to stand up once again.
I live only once, and I have been lucky enough to get the prosperity and facilities of the top 10% of my world. I want to live it, feel it, enjoy it and hopefully let others do the same.
Already I have learned and got quite a bit from my new life in Berkeley. The magnificant environment that I live in, is motivating me for all sorts of changes. I try to escapte the fears by different means. Facing them directly or filling myself with all sorts of new things.
Here is an excerpt from a dear friend of mine who helped me to cope with the situation:

"We live in a fear shell structure. We have created this structure. We have created a structure that needs respect, clear thoughts, but above all being loved!
But is this really life or is this our creation? What a stupid quesiton since life is our creation. But I mean, does this what we create have anything to do with Life? Life is the way it is. A continuum of changing experiences day and night, summer and winter, hurricanes and calm, activity and rest, this is the very nature of Life.
Life is inviting you to come out of this stagnant swamp in which you have been stuck. But you are resisting because you prefer even this stagnant swamp to the unknown. The unknown is the very mystery of life. Don't avoid it. Trust the hurricane. Trust that it is here knocking on your door to destory the old and bring to you something new."


I value all these experiences, even the most bitter ones, and I look forward to all the changes that I will create!
 
Weblog Trackback by HaloScan.com