White Balloon

Daily Journal of Mahaan, an Iranian-American student residing in USA.

Friday, April 11, 2003

Today, I went to a lecture in the Department of Middle Eastern Studies of Berkeley by French Prof. Bernard Hourcade. After a while, finally I went to a lecture which had something beyond what I read in Iranian papers. Hourcade is a Geography and History researcher. He's been praised in Iran for his work on ethnic demographic analysis of Iran. Of course major part of his talk went to Iranian politics. One thing that surprised me that I hadn't seen in American researchers was his depth of knowledge about Iran and the current events there. One of the interesting point that he mentioned was: In 1953, Americans did a coupe by spending a little money and with a minimum bloodshed and now after 50 years there is still hostilities between two countries because of that act. Now let's imagine if US attacks Iran like the way that they did with Iraq or Afghans. I guess it'll take centuries that the hate feelings gets removed then.
 
Weblog Trackback by HaloScan.com