White Balloon

Daily Journal of Mahaan, an Iranian-American student residing in USA.

Friday, April 04, 2003

I'm back to writing. I had a chat with my Friend about the necessity of writing in our life. I see the ability of writing as a necessity for any intellectual and educated person. I guess that's part of the PhD education, that everyone is forced to write and publish extensively. And we decided that we need to work on writing more and more and make it a daily habit. To be honest, I should mention that I don't like my writings and after going back to them I usually hate them. That might sound odd, but even now after years when I review my Persian writings which date back to high school years, I don't like them.
Our Araazel group has become a fully political forum these days. It rarely happens that someone posts something unrelated to Middle East events. I guess that's part of the war which makes societies quite polarized. The other night we were talking with Azad, and I felt that even in Iran people have become polarized about this war, specially that there is a chance that US targets Iran in the near future.

Several times throughout these days I have thought about US attacking Iran which became a nightmare for me. I don't know how some of the Iraqis or Serbians could take it. Specially when I think about the ways that these recent wars of Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq had happened. I know for sure that there is no way for me to convince myself to live in America when such a thing is happening.... I should add that I really doubt that America targets Iran in the near future, but I'm sure other kinds of challenges might come for Iran.
 
Weblog Trackback by HaloScan.com