White Balloon

Daily Journal of Mahaan, an Iranian-American student residing in USA.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Clarinet

Listening to Rachmaninov's 2nd symphony: on a rainy fall day, working on the proposal, glancing over my beautiful red, yellow green tree.... sank in the extreme beauty of this piece!

I can't find a musical instrument that as mesmerizing as clarinet. The sound of this instrument when it resides on an string orchestra is just heavenly! The other night when I heard Mahler's 1st symphony, among the many magnificent moments of the piece, there was a andante segment that really got me frozen.... It was some moments of clarinet solo on top of strings.

In the 5th movement of Rach-2, you can find some of the best clarinet moments ...
---------------
PS: If one day I have a daughter, I'll encourage her to get clarinet lessons.
 
Weblog Trackback by HaloScan.com