White Balloon

Daily Journal of Mahaan, an Iranian-American student residing in USA.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Convention and start of the election season

As we wait for Obama's acceptance speech, I should say the talk that impressed me the most in the convention was John Kerry. As I was thinking back about his talk this morning, I wished that Kerry had used the same aggressive tone 4 years ago when he was accused of being unpatriotic. Generally Democrats were gentle but aggressive towards McCain in the last two nights and that's what they need to be for the rest of the election season. The single way to fight against right wing propaganda machine is to be on the offense.

It's now clear that my home state of Pennsylvania is going to be again very critical in this election. Considering that Obama didn't win my county in the primaries, it makes our job even more important to do campaigning for him. I'm going to dedicate a good portion of my time towards that cause starting in September.
 
Weblog Trackback by HaloScan.com