White Balloon

Daily Journal of Mahaan, an Iranian-American student residing in USA.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Political Liability

Politics is quite strange and it takes a life time to really get mature about its ups and downs. I was thinking about a year ago and the deep sense of disappointment that existed in me and people around me. When Bush talked about gaining a political capital after re-election, could we believe that in a year he becomes a political liability?

A similar pattern of political liaibility is refelected in Iranian president these days. Apparently the guy is becoming a pain in the butt for his own conservative gang. No one like him could secure a 15-0 vote of condemnation in the security council in less than 3 months after rising to presidensy. And no one like him can pick someone who doesn't have any government level management experience and no knowledge about the oil industry, as the minister of oil for the country which has the top 5 oil reserves of the planet!!

PS: Now, after couple of hours that I came back to my above writing, I felt how much crap is in politics and at the end how empty it is. Iranian poet, Sohrab Sepehri says: "I saw a train which had a load of politics and how empty it was."
 
Weblog Trackback by HaloScan.com