White Balloon

Daily Journal of Mahaan, an Iranian-American student residing in USA.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

worried

I'm terribly worried about Iran and its future. The current political developments of Iran's nuclear program and the upcoming UN security of council referal is quite scary. How much should we suffer from the incompetency and stupidity of a group of militia who only benefit from isolation of the country and their political and economic monopoly?
I'm scared of sancation regimes. I keep thinking about Iraq in 1990s and its full isolation from the world and the stupid oil for food program. I think about the closure of international borders, about completion of the police state project of Khamenei and his militia. I think about the shortage of food and medicine. I think about the children with no drinking water and vacination the minority who can fill their bank accounts out of these sanction regimes. I think about the continuation of US presense in the Persian gulf with the excuse of Iran's danger and the billions of dollars that US tax payers should pay for that presense. I'm definitely not optimistic these days! That's what I have learned after Sep 11 in our world.
 
Weblog Trackback by HaloScan.com