White Balloon

Daily Journal of Mahaan, an Iranian-American student residing in USA.

Monday, April 04, 2005

Trip

Just came back from a 1.5 day trip to Washington DC which was mainly to see a friend. It was good to be far from the regular work plan, Internet, cooking and regular food plan, etc. even for such a short period. It was short, but filled with great chats, great music and amazing scenes of the nature, specially the sun-set scenes that are amazing these days of the year (if the sky is not very cloudy).

Trip usually has an incredible unique influence on me. At this stage of my life, I have found the best moments of thinking and self-reorganization while I travel and talk with people that are not usually around me. In spite of all the communication advancement, I gain a totally different exposure of people's life when I go and visit them personally and chat with them about all sorts of random things outside the phone call and Internet framework. Internet and in general this massive networks of communications, usually give me a glimpse of information about people's work, thoughts and life. Some time, the continuous flow of information (the information overload) makes me lost and frustrated with the question that: Where am I in this huge flow of information? What am I doing and where am I going? This frustration and question is usually unanswered because of the daily busy schedule and the ongoing flow of career life. Many times I calm down with a chat with my dear friend, listening to a piece of beautiful music or watching a movie, but as the flow continuous everyday, it become really frustrating. And that's when a trip (even a short one like this DC one) is a perfect solution. It's a great time to think, listen and chat and reorganize myself and then go back and start with a new energy. At least with my vision about life, one of my main wishes and source of motivations, is the ability to travel and visit new places and new people and learn about their life experience.

I really suggest that you make a trip (even very short with limited budget), whenever you're stressed, stuck and frustrated with whatever in your local life.
 
Weblog Trackback by HaloScan.com