White Balloon

Daily Journal of Mahaan, an Iranian-American student residing in USA.

Friday, April 18, 2003

Category: Personal

I got in. I'm pretty sure that she will get in too. We're getting close to the decision making. Still there are parts of the puzzle left to be filled. One big issue for me is the fame of the program that we are going into. Pitt is an intermediate program and being a graduate of ISP, will not give us as much fredom of job choice as if we have a CS PhD degree. The same issue might have been the case for places like LTI or SIMS, but both these places are associated with high ranking schools. I completely agree with her that the ISP program is a really good combination for a multidiciplinary program and we'll enjoy the environment there. It's just the future which makes me wondering a bit about going to Pitt. Actually in my side, I don't have a better choice, but she has the USC which is some how better than Pitt and also a CS program.
 
Weblog Trackback by HaloScan.com