White Balloon

Daily Journal of Mahaan, an Iranian-American student residing in USA.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Back Home!

Finally after 4 months I'm back home!
The Iran trip was short and quick. Fortunately or unfortunately my Iran trips have been limited to family and friend visits inside Tehran and I haven't been able to travel to any other part of the country. There is whole a lot to see, specially in these years that tourist industry have improved.

The immigration trend among my generation is amazing. This trip, I felt that practically majority of my highschool and university close friends are now outside Iran. One day that I was trying to reach my freinds, I saw that no one is there anymore. As part of the immigration flow of Iranians to US, my in-laws moved to our town this week (on the same that I came back). My brother in law who is his early 30s was one of the best professionals in his sector in Iran. It's quite a challenging decision for me and my friend to convince our in-laws about leaving that busy life and come to US for the sake of education and their long term life stability. With his super busy background in Iran, it'll be challenging to settle in this quiet and properous environment. I'm sure the next few months are going to be challenging for all of us to settle them down here. But in the long term I see a more stable condition for all of us. The family gap is finally narrowing.
 
Weblog Trackback by HaloScan.com