White Balloon

Daily Journal of Mahaan, an Iranian-American student residing in USA.

Tuesday, March 25, 2003

Michael Moore made a historic move in the OSCAR last night when he attacked Bush with no reservation. Probably the last time that I felt this much happy was when Iran scored victory in the football game with US in the Worldcup 1998. The general theme of the OSCAR was quite anti-war last night and that's why media was so pissed off this morning. He continued his speech in the backstage interview which was as interesting as his stage speech. It's tough to judge about America these days. From one side I see Moore's claim that majority of Americans are aware of the darkness of the ruling republicans and I also see the people who go to streets of different cities in protests against the war and from other side I see pro-war protests and shocking supporting polls and opinions for the war and the fact that Americans voted for these guys in the most recent election. But I should add that Moore's speech was quite promising for me and after days of depression that made me unable to do anything productive (except protesting against the war), I was able to catch up with life today.
 
Weblog Trackback by HaloScan.com