White Balloon

Daily Journal of Mahaan, an Iranian-American student residing in USA.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Death of Sydney Pollack

He passed away today. There are some people that their entire artistic record is interesting and has something to offer. I always admired his character, even when he had a plain role like Eyes Wide Shut or even when he simply talked on TV. For me he was one of compromise between maintaining an intellectual vision and at the same time entertaining and popular: A quality that is difficult to find in the Hollywood. Among his impressively long list of works, The way we were (as director) and his acting in Woody Allen's Husbands and Wives are always memorable for me.

I just reread a note that I once wrote about his vision towards media control. The guy had quite a fresh mind in these dark years of American media. I'll certainly miss him on the screen!
 
Weblog Trackback by HaloScan.com