White Balloon

Daily Journal of Mahaan, an Iranian-American student residing in USA.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Time is running fast!

It is always good to have a simple philosophy and vision about life, but at the same time it is good to balance it about practical issues that have long term effects on one's happiness.

Last night I was thinking about the next few years and the major changes that might appear in my life. One of the resolutions that I had at the end of past summer was about having a kid in my life. I felt it is a task that I like to do as part of my life adventure and I am capable of doing a good job. I am not decided if I want to have my own kid or adapt a kid, but I am sure that I am going to have a kid. I was thinking a healthy age to have a kid is probably some time around 35 (I don't want the kid see only her old daddy). And then I realized that I don't have much of time left there. I'm close to 32 now. That means that in the next 2-3 years I have to (1) come to a final decision with Reyhan, (2) Stabilize my financial situation and place of living at least for a few years (3) if required find a new partner and start a new life (4) ... Considering the final years of PhD and unstabilitys about job, etc, this is going to be quite intense and packed period. Apparently honeymoon is over...
 
Weblog Trackback by HaloScan.com