White Balloon

Daily Journal of Mahaan, an Iranian-American student residing in USA.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Back Again

I have become some how obssesed about writing in a way that I end up not writing at all. School is stressful as usual and I'm getting ready for the main PhD exam that is a month away.

So much (At the same time so little) is going on in the world: The US election was a relief after years of continious depression. But I should say that I'm still not really excited about many of the democrates who are substituting the republicans. In our state of PA, the new Senator Casey turns out to be a super conservative that makes wonder what change can I expect him to make. I actually voted totally Green in the election, probably because the Democrates victory in all offices were secure.

Things are quite messy around me these days. There is a sense of unstability in many of my dear ones and tensions and stress level is quite high domestically. Tough to really control it all. I try to look back and think what has been going on in the last month and I have tough time to rememeber what I really have achieved. So much of ongoing stress.

Not that much of movie watching. I only watched the Squid and the Whale that was supposed to be a strong independent movie, but I didn't enjoy the movie at all. The satire was not really funny and to some extent depressing. The movie was about a divorced family situtation, but it simply focused only on the sexual side effects of the divorce at the surface and shallow level.

So, I guess it's clear now that I'm going through a an uneasy period. When will it be over? I don't know. But I know one thing: I need to stay focused, work hard and don't lose hope. It's gonna be over.
 
Weblog Trackback by HaloScan.com