White Balloon

Daily Journal of Mahaan, an Iranian-American student residing in USA.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Hao Zhang Rocked!

I have a quite stressful semester. The teaching position is like having two oral exam per week. Specially that it's my first time experience and I have to spend quite a bit of time to prepare materials for my lectures, assignments and projects. Anyway, the period between Monday morning till Thursday night is constantly stressful every week.

At the middle of all this stress, last night I was amazed by watching Olympics' figure skating competitions. It was quite a dramatic competition: The return of the Russian Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim Marinin after a long period of downfall. It was definitely an impressive return. And it was followed by an early fall of the Chinese Hao Zhang. It was really a breath taking moment when Hao Zhang decided not to give up and restart her performance. You've fallen and injured and the fear of the 2nd fall is right there and you should be really strong to go back right there and claim yourself. And that was a historic performance when Hao and Dan Zhang returned. And just imagine that this dramatic moment was combined by my favorite music of Morricone. That made my night.
 
Weblog Trackback by HaloScan.com